The Piscataqua Maritime Commission proudly hosts Sail Portsmouth each summer, bringing tall ships to the New Hampshire Seacoast.
We are proud to feature the US Coast Guard Eagle for Sail Portsmouth 2013!
Parade of Sail, Deck tours, Captains' Reception, Exhibits, Food, Music, and Souvenirs! A fun event for pirates of all ages!
WHEN: Friday – Sunday, August 2nd – 4th. No ticket fees! Full schedule.
WHERE: Main Ship Pier, 555 Market Street, Portsmouth NH.
WHO: Our visiting vessel is the US Coast Guard Eagle. Read more about this vessel.
WHAT TO DO:
- Boat owners are encouraged to join the thrilling Parade of Sail up the Piscataqua and escort Eagle to her berth.
- Witness the majesty of the Parade of Sail on Friday afternoon – good viewing spots are Four Tree Island in Portsmouth, Great Island Common and Portsmouth Yacht Club in New Castle, Ft. Foster in Kittery. Parade departs 2KR at approximately 4:00p, arrives at approximately 4:45p.
- Join the Parade of Sail in your private vessel. Download the informational flyer (PDF, 44K) for details.
- Come to the Welcoming Ceremony to greet our ships, their captains, crews, and open the festival.
- Board Eagle and explore her decks at Main Ship Pier on Saturday and Sunday.
- Under the tent find maritime Exhibitors, fresh food from Hebert's Seafood Restaurant, and souvenir merchandise for pirates big and small.
- While in Portsmouth you should visit many of our historic maritime sites.
- Volunteer to work the event – lots of fun and you are invited to the Volunteer Cookout on Sunday evening.
- Reserve a booth for your maritime related organization in the Exhibitors' tent.