The Piscataqua Maritime Commission proudly hosts Sail Portsmouth each summer, bringing tall ships to the New Hampshire Seacoast.
We are proud to feature Lynx and Mystic for Sail Portsmouth 2014!
Parade of Sail, Deck Tours, Captains' Reception, Day Sails, Exhibits, Food, Music, and Souvenirs! A fun event for pirates of all ages!
WHEN: Friday – Sunday, August 1st – 3rd.
WHERE: Fish Pier, on Pierce Island opposite Prescott Park, Portsmouth NH.
WHO: Our visiting vessels are the Lynx and Mystic.
WHAT TO DO:
- Boat owners are encouraged to join the thrilling Parade of Sail up the Piscataqua and escort the ships to their berths.
- Witness the majesty of the Parade of Sail on Friday afternoon – good viewing spots are Four Tree Island in Portsmouth, Great Island Common and Portsmouth Yacht Club in New Castle, Ft. Foster in Kittery.
- Join the Parade of Sail in your private vessel.
- Come to the Welcoming Ceremony to greet our ships, their captains, crews, and open the festival.
- Board the Lynx and the Mystic and explore their decks.
- Under the tent find maritime Exhibitors, fresh food, and souvenir merchandise for pirates big and small.
- While in Portsmouth you should visit many of our historic maritime sites.
- Volunteer to work the event – lots of fun and you are invited to the Volunteer Cookout on Sunday evening.
- Reserve a booth for your maritime related organization in the Exhibitors' tent.